Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's about time!

It's about time that I blogged Milla Michinaga's work for her label, Michami. We all missed her blog when she went on hiatus, but little did we know when the first few items were released that so much would emerge from her creative mind. While not every item has suited me personally, the dedication and workmanship has always been evident.




Anoorea is the latest in her creations, a blouse and skirt sold as separates that permit the ultimate in mixing and matching. In fact I started by wearing the blouse in cream under my new Whippet & Buck Victoria High-Waisted Pencil Skirt in Green Pea. At that point I didn't realize that there were prim blouson sleeves, but, thankfully, Milla had finished the sleeve edges nicely.

I'm also wearing Savvy?'s Repairs Necklace in Silver and Repairs Necklace Lapis Lazuli and Jimmy Chau Shoes Lily in Black. My hair is Elizabeth from Truth in Pumpkin and I am wearing the Fleur Allure WinterNights 3 in Caramel.



Then I tried Anoorea in Fuschia and decided to omit the prim sleeves again as on my smaller avi the smoother line works better. artilleri's snakeskin sash belt in black with the silver buckle pull the outfit together. I like Anoorea with the belt because it highlights the close-fitting triangular peplum on the skirt Also complementing Anoorea are the *KessKreations* Cerrie Pearl Necklace [a jewelry fair item, no longer available as far as I know] and the *MM Luxe* Amethyst Jewel Chandelier Earrings, from the now-closed G.L.A.M. store.

My hair *is* available. It is Adam & Eve's Bad Hair Day in Aflame Red. And the my skin is from Gala Phoenix -- :GP: Sugarplum with Freckles in Lumine. On my feet are the Stiletto Moody Pinup Pumps in Grey Patent Python. These were the Moody shoes that were the start of my downfall at the last member's 40% off sale.

So one name, Anoorea, and two looks -- one casual, the other dressier.

Ben fatto Milla!

No comments: