Thursday, June 11, 2009

Timeless Ivalde

I've been having a hard time sorting through the Ivalde items in my inventory - I had never fully realised the amount of clothes I have from that store, and seeing the fashion feeds this week, I suspect this is true for a lot of people. Mostly, this is proof of Neferia's generosity, since a lot of those items made it into my inventory as group gifts, Advent gifts (2007 and 2008), hunt gifts, lucky chair gifts, just-because gifts... you name it. Some clothes I didn't even remember having tried on, some fell into oblivion and had never been unpacked, so this week is feeling a bit like Christmas day for me. A few times I've heard people who complain about the quality of gifts, which is something I really don't get... haven't they heard the "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" saying? Anyway, I'm not going to enter that discussion, although for today, I wanted to put together a post that serves as testimony, for such naysayers, that Ivalde gifts do not fall into the category of second-class items at all; quite the contrary, they are sheer reflections of the quality of the store and the skills of their creator. It is also interesting to try them on chronologically, which clearly shows the evolution of Neferia's designing skills - with increasingly more complex and detailed textures, better usage of prims and, finally, the arrival of sculpties.


My first choice, on the left, is a fifties-style cocktail dress, called Rosa (which totally reminds me of an outfit worn by Charlotte York in Sex and the City, by the way). This was given away as a group member gift, and not only does the skirt flow beautifully, the texturing is also flawless. I paired it with the Shiny Things Brandys in white and the ::69:: Egoist hair in fieryred.

In the centre of the picture you can see
Pauline in teal - I don't have a clear idea when or where I got it, but I do suspect it was a gift too. This seventies minidress features a clever combination of different textures - satin and crochet (my apologies if that's not the right word, my English vocabulary is very lacking in this area). The seams are perfect, but what I liked best was the fact that I didn't have to do anything to adjust it - it just fit. I combined it with the Aphrodite Creations Rosette pumps, the Maitreya Emma hair in red and, since I didn't want to offend the audience with knees and thighs (:-p), I added the leg part of the Celestial Studios Black fishnet tights, which I shortened to create a legging effect.

Last, but not at all least, on the right is my most awesome discovery, the Taylor blue rose dress - a lucky chair gift. The puffy sculpted skirt totally called for an eighties style (in a good way) for me, sort of how Carrie Bradshaw would do it - so I went straight for the slouchy Maitreya SoHo boots and the Sheer fishnet tights (22: mesh black), topped off with Truth's Linda in cranberry.

As you can see, for all three outfits I kept accessories to a bare minimum in order to keep the accent on the dresses. Skin-wise I used the
Tuli Hope June 2009 Picks reward special (which everyone can get by adding Tuli to their profile picks), the Cool Shimmer eyes by Miriel and the Glamour lashes (by Miriel, too). Poses are from the Imperial Elegance Lolita set (left and centre), and from the Reel Expression Party Dress set (right).

No comments: