Tuesday, March 6, 2012

For Squinternet Larnia of Donna Flora


This post was initially to show support for Donna Floras creater Squinternet Larnia, which I decided to show by going to purchase something new from her shop even though I own quite a bit from her repetoire already. I shopped before I realised what this weeks colour challenge was. So, as time is short for me, I will blog this piece as both (and yes, its out of numerical order for me but hey). Here is my avocado colour challenge.

Donna Flora for me means stunning detail and beautiful designs. When I saw Katie I fell in love. A tulip corset sits atop a puffball skirt with a difference. The front is open to a waterfall of chiffon frills that turn into a peek-a-boo undeskirt. The waist is synched with a huge chiffon flower with exteme foliage. Both delicate and bold. The candy striped texture is the icing on the cake. This is definately an event dress to make a statement with. 

Every item that comes from Donna Flora is created with the same love for detail. This can also be seen in the jewelry she creates. I purchased, at the same time, Donna Floras Linda set. Every flower and leaf have veins,even the clasp at the back is intricate. A delicate, beautiful compliment to Katie.

To round off the look I chose a PXL skin, Love Soul hair, Miriel eyes, Fishy lipgloss and SLink shoes.

I wish Squinternet a speedy and full recovery.

Closer shot here:

Styling:

Shape: custom, FuriousDesigns
Skin: [PXL] Candy NAT Lime DEB
Hair: [Love Soul] Hair*107*Black
Eyes: (Miriel) Standard Eyes - Quiet Green
Eyelashes: [ glow ] Clean thick 04
Dress: Donna Flora KATIE in green
Shoes: Slink Lulu Stilettos Black
Jewellery: Donna Flora LINDA Set
Make Up: *Fishy* Kokeshi Gloss - Muted

No comments: