Saturday, March 6, 2010

Black Peacock



I had been invited to an exhibition opening on Friday night, GMT, and was struggling to dress under inworld laggy conditions. However, after a relog and a bit of inventory searching I put together the look you see above, which I was pleasantly delighted with.

For such events I tend to wear cocktail dresses and last night I was in the mood for black. I tried a few dresses and rediscovered the Orage Creations Black Peacock Dress. Simple in its execution yet stunning with its finish. A simple shift dress with the narrowest of pencil skirts is crowned by a black feather collar that makes this dress unique.

For such a dress only Slinks Sydney Stilettos would do, with their steel, impossibly narrow, sky scraping heels.

A simple skin I thought would compliment this look so I chose the elegant Grace Nude Lips skin from PXL. Beautiful to say the least. The hair needed to be blonde so as not to be lost in the feathers. After much trying on I settled for the dramatic Ghost hair from !lamb.

I pondered on jewels for a while before looking at my Miriel platinum eyes I decided to go over the top with the eyelashes to make the final dramatic statement this look needed. I finally settled on [glow] studio’s Rhapsody, paint splash eyelashes.

I need another excuse to wear this ensemble…anybody help out????

PS Arty shot here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furystapleton/4410261319/

Styling:

Shape: custom, FuriousDesigns
Skin: [PXL] Grace NAT CatEyes NudeLips BlackEB
Hair: !lamb. Ghost - Powder
Eyes: (Miriel) Eyes - Platinum (Big)
Eyelashes: Rhapsody [ glow ] studio - Lashes - Paint splash
Dress: *OC* Black Peacock Orage Creations
Shoes: SLink Sydney Stiletto L Black

No comments: