Wednesday, November 7, 2007

ETD is for me!

Well you knew I was going to say that since I work there LOL, but one of the reasons I am very happy to work there is that Elika's hair fits my small head. On the slider my head is a 41, when most hair on the grid is designed for 50 or above. Certain brands of SL hair swallow me whole. It's not their fault -- I have a small head. Some hair creators are up front about the size issue and one reason I like Gurl 6 is that they provide different sizes -- and believe it or not I wear a medium there!

But it's ETD that warms my virtual hair follicles. More often than not I plop on an ETD style and I'm good to go. Once in a while I need to slide it back on my head or lower it, but very seldom do I need to resize, which is a GOOD THING as "edit" and I have had some ugly moments! But I DO try to remember what we tell our customers -- make a backup copy FIRST before you go futzing around in "edit".

Above on the right is my first "bought" hair [I had some freebies before that I think. I will show you my "system" hair someday when I am feeling braver ;) ] A good friend took me to ETD when I wanted a new dress and hair for a party at The Dockside, my club of choice :) It is Keeley, and yes that's the city chic "skin", well before my first new one ;)


Next on the left is my long-time "go-to" hair, Maaliyah and me in my first real "skin", Sparse by Gala. It is with this skin I became a red-head in SL, only letting my inner blonde out when she insists. The tee-shirt is a creation of a good avi friend of mine, made in response to my shopping habits. He may still have it for sale someplace in his pub in Pumori. The earrings are dragonfly by Earthtones.

On the right is my current go-to hair [I'm wearing it in "sunny" on my "about" section here]. This was originally a couture collection style called "Unique". Now, after the new store rebuild, and with the couture styles being folded into the rest of the styles, it is called "Eglantine" and can be found in the flexi section at ETD. I am craving the willow pack ... I'm not sure which skin .. but it could well be Celestial Studio's "Fall 3." The cardigan is the woolly one from CKS, the necklace is an Alienbear "freebie", made for Sassy's Secrets a while ago and the "camisole" is actually the top from Simone's wonderful full length dress, Adia. Since I don't have many formal occasions to attend, I think I will start trying out some of those tops with pants.

No comments: