Thursday, September 4, 2008

hya & June

Two of the most creative and prolific designers on the grid are hyasynth Tiramisu of ~silent sparrow~ and June Dion of BareRose Tokyo. Each of them reaches an wide audience that overlaps in their work in the Gothic strand of pixel fashion. I'm almost in time for the 3 year celebration at BR, but woefully dilatory in my blogging of hya's Dominion Suit. Bad Sam :(

So I will start with hya's :)



Hya helped me pick the Dominion in Rust for me -- she is right -- goes with the red hair I prefer. The layers, the textures, the details are superb examples of her work. Although I wasn't brave enough to wear the plunging cleavage [I know--chicken!], so I popped the corset from the Sepia Coronis Suit underneath. I particularly like the shadow effect of the gray/black on the inside, an effect that makes the Rust seems more, well RUST :) The pictures don't do the textures justice at all. Go take a look for yourself!

My hair is Morgana, from Bewitched, found in their clearance section. Boots are my ever-trusty Calf Boots from ETD. My skin is the special Shoujo Black Swan #1 from Fleur.

"It's Only a Paper Moon" is a wonderfully light-hearted and, at the same time, sophisticated costume from the hands of June Dion. BR specializes in outfits with lots of options, so this is a bit of a change.


The image of paper swirling is very effective -- the shoes, I have to think, were made intentionally chunky to complement the outfit. The hat is the "pièce de résistance." With a gold-trimmed cream mask I'd be set for a masquerade ball! And the ARC is surprisingly low for such a detailed creation.

Hair is ETD's Bonita in Strawberry. Skin is Fleur Vivant Lustrous 3 in Buff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you in the "moon" outfit! If I were a man, I would take you out dancing anytime! Hugs!