Saturday, February 19, 2011

52 Week Colour Challenge...Teal


Teal…yes, I do have a smattering of teal in my inventory and I knew which outfit I wanted to blog as soon as I saw this weeks colour.

The Dangerous Gown by nonna hedges was one of the first formals I bought inworld. I could have spent my life savings in nonna’s shop and still could. This gown has stood the test of time and graphics cards. The design simple and elegant, yet sexy…dangerous with lace and satin. The textures of which are astounding.

I teamed it with mules and jewellery from the same age and shop…Blue Lagoon Shoes by Cybele Pontoppidan and Nonna’s Art Neuveau Orchid Set in platinum.

The skin is my usual choice of PXL Creations but this time it’s Harts latest release Linda G3, pale. I think this skin is so pretty and makes my avi look so young…lol.

Hart has released a set of eye make up tattoos to go with this set of skins. They are all very well done, some subtle, some not so. I havent shown it here as the viewer I used didnt support more than 1 tattoo (lesson learnt).

Old favourites of Truth and Miriel were chosen for hair and eyes.

Portrait here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/furystapleton/5464410941/

Styling:

Shape: custom, FuriousDesigns
Skin: [PXL] Linda G3 PA RoseLips DEB
Hair: >TRUTH< Tanya - espresso
Eyes: (Miriel) Standard Eyes - Shallow End
Eyelashes: Cake, Seperated lashes, tintable
Gown: nonna hedges: Dangerous teal flexy
Shoes: Blue Lagoon by Cybele Pontoppidan
Jewellery: Nonna's Art Neuveau Orchid in Platinum Set

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pic, love the gown. Nonna needs to crank out some new things, she's brilliant.

Laila Laperriere said...

Fury, your post is so lovely =)
I have Nonna in my inventory as well,from way back when and the present. As designs change and become better or even worse with some,one thing remains, Ms Hodges' designs always remain stylish in beauty and in quality.
Beautiful picture =)

Mayala Loon said...

awesome ... I love the graphic and yet feminine style

Fury said...

Rainey...thanks and I agree.

Laila...kind of you, ty, and I think there are but a handful of creators whose clothes stand the test of time.

Mayala...thank you :)