Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ivalde...Monroe




OK..I couldnt let this pass as it includes 2 of my favourite things...Ivalde dresses and Marilyn Monroe. Now i confess to not being Monroe but I think I can do her a fair justice in Ivalde dresses.

My first is the Ivalde Marilyn Monroe pink dress, famous for the 'Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend* scene. Its the classical straight skirted, tulip topped dress from the movie. The colour and textures are just right and you get a choice of 2 prim bows to finish the dress off with. This dress screams sexy and fun...I feel a real movie star when I put it on.

I chose a Fleur skin, Sinsations hair, ETD shoes and a mix of diamonds to complete the look.

The second dress is what I like to think Monroe wore everyday...it's a simple off the shoulder dress. Again a system skirt. What makes this little black dress is the cut and the texturing. All those cloth folds make it feel like the dress is draped around you. A prim waist tie detail adds to the whole look. This seems a very simple dress but with Nefarias eye for design and detail makes it a stunning one.

For this shoot I chose a gift skin from Fleur and shoes, not seen, from SKG in order to keep it simple and elegant.

Locations were the 'Original Moulin Rouge' and the bridge at 'Old New York'.

Styling:

Dress: Ivalde Marilyn Monroe pink dress
Skin: Fleur Allure Truffle Kitten 1
Shoes: ETD d'Orsay Stiletto (Fuchsia)
Jewelry: Idoru Two-Row Diamond Choker
(Dahlinks) Pamela Twin Channel Diamond Bracelets

Dress: Ivalde marilyn black wiggle
Skin: Fleur Allure Kitten Eyes Cinnamon (Fury Holiday Custom)
Shoes: SKG Black Stiletto Slingback Pumps

Hair: Sinsations Marilyn - Honeychild
Eyes: (Miriel) Eyes - Platinum (Big)
Eyelashes: Cake - Separated Lashes - Tintable*






No comments: