Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Taboo Shoe





So..this started with me being in a Summery mood and wanting to wear something white...a nice floaty, white Summer dress in fact. I was going to wear something from my inventory until I saw Nadja Baxter wearing the "anuenue. MaiaDress(White). I tped over there and it was busy...and I admit I grabbed and ran as the lag was killing me. I do plan to go back though. The dress I think is a wonderful border anglais texture with a pretty hemmed flexi skirt. It looks and moves beautifully.
Now....I do not lack shoes but I have been avoiding buying the bare foot, prim toe variety since they first were introduced...although I did buy a pair of J's real toe sandels when they first hit the grid. Yesterday I finally succombed after reading the Vain Inc magazine. In there I spotted a pair from a shop called Taboo and thought I would check them out. I promptly bought the Taboo Paris Ribbon Edition set, all colours. Once back at base I began the frustrating task of matching the feet skin tone to my skins tone. *Sigh*...now I remember why I hadn't gotten any before now. As I was bemoaning this to Samara Barzane I suddenly hit the right shade...sheer accident...lol...and promptly saved it. As you can see, it's not a bad match. The ribbon hides the join between avatar and prim extremely well too. These shoes are going to be favourites I can tell. They come with a hud that allows you to resize, retexture (ribbon, nails and toe rings) and allows you to control the ao and sounds. Very, very clever.
The final piece was the *Muism*summer basket_flower(shoulder) that I purchased last year. It comes with a pose and it works well with my own ao. Its a pretty wicker basket full of flowers...perfect.
Summer feeling sated...lol.
I shot all these pictures on the plot where the Taboo shop sits....it has great textures and is a wonderful meadow for posing in.
Styling:
Shape: Custom, FuriousDesigns
Skin: Fleur Allure Truffle Kitten 1
Hair: Cake - Faith - Black - Flexi Hair
Eyes: (Miriel) Eyes - Platinum (Big)
Eyelashes: Cake - Separated Lashes - Tintable*
Dress: "anuenue. MaiaDress(White)
Shoes: Taboo Paris Ribbon Edition set all
Bag: *Muism*summer basket_flower(shoulder)

No comments: