Friday, July 3, 2009

Uncle Sam


Happy 4th of July to all my American friends.

I put this outfit together last year for a very dear friend of mine. However, he has never seen it as he always goes away for the holidays…lol.

So, I figured I’d blog it instead…lol.

I started with SFD uncle sam costume for females. It consists of a lovely tailored, navy waistcoat with a flash of white stars down the one side. The hotpants are the classic red and white vertical stripes with a navy, white starred belt. The belt has a solid looking USA silver buckle. All are system and come in many layers so you can wear however you want. The top hat is included , this is basically a red and white striped hat with an American flag tied as its hat band. It fits beautifully. Also included in the folder are matching boots but I decided not to use them.

Instead I used the Juicy Classic Pump - Stars And Stripes , which I am not sure are available anymore…so apologies if not. As you can see, beautifully crafted high heel pumps with navy with white starred heels and the front of the shoe are red and white stripes.

When choosing the physical attributes I went for the girl next door feel. The Fleur Allure Cinnamon Smudged 1 skin seemed to fit very nicely for that tanned, ‘no make-up’ look. Of course I had to have blonde hair and blue eyes…yes I know I stereotyped. I used ETD Sideswipe - Dirty Blonde and (Miriel) Eyes - Blue Opal (Big).

I kept the accessories simple…the TWEED heart necklace tinited red and a custom tattoo commissioned by me about 2 years ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together but I got ribbed by a Canadian friend for turning up like it to his studio..lol. Needless to say, it was Canada Day so I went and appeased him with a Canadian outfit..lol. ..but that’s for another day.

Styling:

Shape: custom, FuriousDesigns
Skin: Fleur Allure Cinnamon Smudged 1
Hair: ETD Sideswipe - Dirty Blonde
Eyes: (Miriel) Eyes - Blue Opal (Big)
Eyelashes: Cake - Separated Lashes - Tintable*
Outfit: SFD uncle sam costume female
Shoes: Juicy Classic Pump - Stars And Stripes
Accessories: TWEED heart necklace
SGSTattoo_Belly_Button_Sun (Custom tattoo)

No comments: