Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another Fundraiser Skins

There are very of us who follow fashion that could still be unaware of Eloh Eliot's generosity in releasing her skin files into the world. [I call them "free range" skins ;)]

And I hope that few are unaware of the Another Fundraiser going on at the moment, where wonderful skins based on Eloh's designs are being sold for L$ 50 each to raise money for UNICEF.

The first time I dropped by the sim I over heard an avi say" What would I do with 144 skins?" The answer is what could UNICEF do to help the world's children with the approximately $24 US that those 144 skins would cost. I didn't buy the whole set, but I did find 7 to take home and try -- here are four of them to show you that I thought made a nice contrasting set and a fair example of the variety available out there. Kudos to everyone involved in the project, but special thanks to Sasy Scarborough.

Below is a sampling of what's on offer. I am wearing ETD's Hermia hairstyle in 3 of the pictures -- not my normal choice, but I wanted to show the forehead and eyes more clearly than my usual bangs allow. The colors are platinum burnt, smoke faded and auburn burnt. In the other pictures I am wearing ETD Eglantine in black frosted.


On the left is Nuclear Boutique's "Candy", then Caliah Lyons' "Celestine", next Tigerlily Koi's Jaded in Nude and FINALLY a specialty skin from Justyna Lundquist of J7L Designs. The tattoos weren't rezzing for me this morning, but they ARE very sharp and well done.

Then on a revisit I found the skin I am sure I will actually wear quite a lot, Dark Angel, by Shani Fayray. Again I am wearing Eglantine in black frosted. The jewelry set in all pictures is Second Mirage's Ingrid, an advent calendar gift.

2 comments:

Sasy Scarborough said...

Oh you look fabulous, and I assure you Another Fundraiser has totaly been a group effort from start to near finish, I am so glad you have liked the skins and yes 144 in the fat pack might seem alot for some lol but so many more than we expected have bought the fat pack and the additional 5 that came in late and arent in it <3.

thank you so much for the mention and I know its been so wonderfuly received by so many :o)

oxoxoxo Sasy xoxo

Samara Barzane said...

Thanks sasy -- I've taken a number of folks over as you won't find that variety of skins for that price point and in such a good cause very often!