Sunday, January 6, 2008

Grid Down = Sam posts ;)

Can we say addicted?? Nooo ... not me.

But my friend, Rik Zwiers [do visit his Clouds Gallery in Pumori:)], has a vehicle addiction, particularly for airplanes. I'm one of the few of his friends who doesn't mind losing her hair, getting snagged on sim boundaries or ending up at the bottom of a Linden sea from a full parcel, so I have plenty of pictures to share:)

This was one of Rik's first flying vehicles. I have to admit it felt a bit like being back at the dawn of aviation history. Can we say Kitty Hawk?

My favorite is his yellow biplane. We've actually managed to fly from Pumori to Railrider in it without a crash LOL. This day we managed that, but we toured a bit of the sky near railrider on our way. There are a lot of creative builders up there!


Rik's latest fascination is with aerobatic planes. Most of them only take one person, but this one let me ride as long as I removed almost all my prims. I must say I'm glad the ride was virtual. You can see why from these pictures LOL

MY favorite is the hot air balloon. [I even have one on the beta grid LOL] It's slower travel, but lots of fun as you can either drift or control your course. The first picture is of Rik and myself [I think] taking off from Rik's dock in Pumori.


And here we are landing at Rik's Clouds Gallery and Pub. As you can see Rik was dressed for the beach LOL


A number of these vehicles were purchased at the Abbots Aerodrome. Give it a try -- you too may enjoy the skies of Second Life :)

No comments: