Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Last Call

The last great sale at Last Call is underway. Once it ends [in about a month] Ginny Talamesca's wonderful designs will no longer be available in Second Life. I actually managed to get in on the first day. I took off all prims and scripts [I've been working pretty much that way at the current ETD sale underway next door], "humped" the sim boundary and got in. I did most of my purchasing using my camera. and only had one stale transaction. Not bad at all! I bought 18 outfits:( And I'm sure I'll go back again and again. Not all of Ginny's clothes suit the smaller avi, but I found plenty to love.

So for this post I am sharing two outfits from the Last Call sale paired with two new hairstyles I bought at the ETD sale. The first. on the right, is Ingrid, which comes with a wonderful red agate prim necklace. It also has prim legs, which I normally don't wear as they are hard to adjust for a smaller avi. So I set my pants length to about 88 and tucked my tootsies into Maitreya's Dune boots in black. I love the high waisted pants paired with the very feminine blouse. My earrings are True's Gunmetal Hoops. My skin is Tete a Pied Parfait 1 in Strawberry. I've been wearing it to work at ETD because it has drawn in eyelashes and I can work without my prim ones. The ETD hair is Bridget in Fire Burnt. I have no idea how this style has escaped my attention for so long. I simply love it's quirky unevenness in the knobs of hair :) I just bought the reds pack, but may succumb further before the sale ends at ETD on January 26 [at noon SLT]

The second outfit is Anamaria in red. It wasn't on my pre-shopping list, but somehow my finger hovered over the buy button and voilà it was mine! It is just a really sexy and classy mini-skirted dance dress. I am wearing it with the Muse Fine Jewelry group gift, Dauphine in silver and black. My shoes are the Tete a Pied Satin Slingbacks in black. The shoes at TaP are one of those well-kept secrets. They are nicely made and equally nicely priced :)

My new ETD hair is Monique in Cinnamon burnt which I had been eyeing for a while. My skin is ... yup ... TaP Parfait 1 in strawberry again :) I realize my pose is a bit silly, but I haven't gotten any new ones other than for my AO. So don't laugh too much ;)

No comments: