Friday, April 3, 2009

Two for the Hounds

Houndstooth that is :)



I saw the [Y.M.X.] houndstooth dress black on the fashion feed and wanted it, but waited to blog it until now when I found its soulmate at Lost Dreams :) The pattern on the dress is somewhat similar, but it's the cut and details that makes then into two different looks. On the Y.M.X. dress I adore the little bow and the heart buttons, as well as the black band around the neck and down the front. My shoes are the ETD Heel Strap Platforms in Black. I have not a clue where my hair is from--I was in a "let's explore other hair just in case..." My skin is Tuli's Group Gift Meredith Starshine 3 in Sunkissed. Earring are the Gypsy Soul Earrings from Love Chic in Gold.



Houndstooth is also the inspiration for Estelle Parnall's Lost Dreams Phoebe Houndstooth Dress. Same pattern, same attention to nice little details, but a very different dress. Here I adore the belt Buckle prim as well as the little cross stitches around the deep scoop neckline. This dress is a little more racy than the Y.M.X, so something for every taste! I'm wearing ETD's Loraine 2 in Auburn, Fleur's Spring Shoujo 5 in Azalea and ETD's peep Toe Slingbacks in Black. My jewelry is Primagine's RFL Everday, on sale to benefit cancer research through July 19.

Poses are by Flowey and Dove Swanson.

My conclusion? Houndstood is the the new black.

No comments: